The Canvas Art Award Competition is back!
Win a Wacom One Creative Pen Display valued at $600 for yourself and a workshop for your school!
JMC is excited to re-launch the Canvas Award Art Competition for 2022, showcasing the incredible work of young artists and designers who are taking creativity to the next level.
What do I need to do?
If you are a high school student with a knack for drawing, painting or using creative digital mediums, we invite you to creatively interpret the quote below into an illustrated scene:
“Imagination should be used, not to escape reality but to create it”- Colin Wilson
must include a “YELLOW UMBRELLA” somewhere in your scene.How you interpret the quote is entirely up to you, however you
What can I submit?
All artists are unique in their abilities, to reflect that we are opening the competition to various mediums. You can submit:
- Analogue Artwork
- Digital 2D Artwork
- 3D Artwork
- Comic Strip
- Interactive Novel
- Any combination of the above
How long do I have?
Submissions for the 2022 Canvas Art Award close on 17th July 2022.
Who can join the competition?
- The Canvas Award competition is open to all NSW, ACT, VIC and QLD based high school students
- Work must be completed over the past year (from January 1st, 2021)
What not to submit
- Work based on other artists' ideas or images, this is your time to show us YOUR ideas!
- Images that are offensive or divisive
- Work completed by a group (this is an individual competition)
Entries close 23:50 AEDT - 17 JULY 2022
Technical specifications of entries
- All work must be submitted electronically (scan, photograph or export) as a A4 PDF, high quality JPG file, TIFF, MP4 or MOV file
- Maximum PDF page count is five (5) pages
- Please keep file sizes to 20MB max
- Please keep any video file length to sixty (60) seconds max