Policies and Procedures
The purpose of this policy and procedure is to assist JMC Academy staff and students to
- delineate what JMC Academy constitutes as academic progression and to identify and assist students who are at risk of not achieving satisfactory academic progression
- identify and assist students who may be at risk of not completing their course of enrolment and increase course completions by intervening with a structured Study Plan or a formal Learning Agreement
- aid ‘Support and Intervention Strategy Policy’, assist JMC Academy staff to identify and assist students who may be at risk of not completing their course of enrolment and increase course completions by intervening with a structured Study Plan or formal Learning Agreement
- monitor the workload of international students by JMC Academy to ensure students complete the course within the duration specified in their Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) and do not exceed the allowable portion of online or distance learning. JMC Academy only enables students to extend the expected duration of study for the course through the issuing of a new CoE in limited circumstances
- aid ‘Support and Intervention Strategy Policy and Procedure’, and outline timeframes and actions for academic performance review and workload monitoring
This policy is applicable to all courses at JMC Academy and covers the granting of Aegrotat Assessment towards a JMC qualification. Aegrotat Assessment may be applied to any student at JMC Academy who, due to unforeseen circumstance is severely impaired in the successful submission of work, to the extent they would be unable to complete their currently enrolled units.Download
This procedure is pursuant to the Admissions to Master of Creative Industries by Coursework Program Policy. The procedures outlined in this document address applications for admission to the Master of Creative Industries by Coursework Program.Download
The purpose of the Assessing and Supporting English Language Proficiency Policy and Procedure is to set out:
- English language proficiency requirements,
- English language proficiency assessment processes, and
- How JMC Academy will support students to continue to develop their English language proficiency once enrolled.
The purpose of the Assessment Management Policy and Procedure is to:
- Outline JMC Academy’s commitment to the design and delivery of assessment that facilitates students achieving the specified learning outcomes of its programs,
- Acknowledge that assessment serves a range of purposes and is an integral part of the learning process for students,
- Ensure JMC Academy recognises the significance of employing a range of assessment techniques to foster curiosity, experimentation, critical appraisal and integrity within students and staff,
- Define procedures for conducting examinations,
- Set out steps for planning, conducting and moderating assessments to ensure the integrity of the Australian Qualifications (AQF) level of the registered qualification,
- Ensure the academic standards of JMC Academy are maintained and safeguarded.
This policy sets out out the principles for credit arrangements in coursework academic programs at JMC Academy to ensure:
- Equitable assignation of credit points between units of study in all JMC Academy accredited qualifications
- Credit points are an accurate representation of student workload
- Units of study are portable between qualifications, as per course rules.
The purpose of this policy is to outline details of circumstances and JMC Academy’s approach to course and/or study period deferrals, student’s enrolment suspension, and student’s enrolment cancellation. As well as assist JMC Academy staff to identify and implement correct processes to guide and support students who may wish to defer, suspend or cancel their enrolment.Download
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that JMC Academy remains committed to actively fostering an inclusive culture that is free from discrimination, bullying and/or harassment of any kind, including sexual misconduct. JMC Academy expects all its staff and students to constructively contribute to a creative, safe and diverse learning environment where discrimination, bullying, harassment and sexual misconduct will not be tolerated under any circumstances.Download
The purpose of this policy is to assist JMC Academy staff and students to determine:
- what certification documentation is issued to students by JMC Academy
- in the Vocational Education & Training (VET) sector,
- in the Higher Education (HE) sector,
- when a student is able to receive their certification documentation, and
- the circumstances when a Testamur can be-reissued.
The purpose of this policy is to provide framework for JMC Academy to:
- ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of all its students and employees, and
- create and maintain a positive culture and a safe working environment, and
- establish effective processes to monitor, manage and improve campus safety, and
- provide available support.
This policy details JMC Academy’s:
- Policy on requests from overseas students for a full or partial refund of fees paid to the Academy
- The process submitting a request for full or partial refund
The purpose of this procedure is to provide international students with a fair appeal process where JMC Academy intends to report the student to the Department of Education (DE) and the Department of Home Affairs (DoHA).Download
The purpose of this policy is to determine and govern rules of selecting students for admission into the JMC Academy’s undergraduate courses in a fair, transparent and equitable manner, adhering to the JMC Academy’s selection guidelines and the relevant state-based selection system rules and timelines. Student selection is merit based, taking into consideration a student’s capacity to succeed regardless of their background.Download
The purpose of this procedure is to provide guidelines on selecting students for admission into the JMC Academy’s undergraduate courses in a fair, transparent and equitable manner, adhering to the JMC Academy’s Selection of Students into Undergraduate Courses Policy.Download
This policy sets out:
- A range of special circumstances recognised by JMC Academy which may affect student’s academic performance
- The processes for recognising an assessing these circumstances and their impact on student’s academic performance
- The types of support JMC Academy can provide to address disadvantage that impaired student’s academic performance
This Policy provides framework and principles for fair, equitable and effective structure to manage JMC Academy student complaints and appeals promptly, productively and honestly. Student complaints and appeals system is an opportunity for JMC Academy to review and improve its practices and the overall student experience.Download
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that international students wishing to transfer between registered training providers do so in accordance with the guidelines of the National Code 2018.
JMC Academy guidelines and procedures for:
- assessing a request to transfer to another provider where the student has not studied their principal course for more than six calendar months (outgoing), and
- assessing an enrolment application where the student has not studied their principal course for more than six calendar months (incoming).
The purpose of the Tuition Fee Refunds and Removal of FEE-HELP Debts Domestic Students Policy and Procedure is to outline JMC Academy’s process for tuition fee refunds to students and determining tuition fee refunds for students withdrawing from a course or unit of study, or due to provider default.Download
This form is to be completed by any JMC Academy student/prospective student (domestic or international) wishing to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning for a Higher Education Programme (Diploma, Bachelor, Master's).Go to Form →
This form is to be completed by any JMC Academy student/prospective student (domestic or international) wishing to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning for a Vocational Programme (CUA31015 Certificate III in Screen and Media).Download
If you have experienced or witnessed any form of sexual misconduct (sexual assault or sexual harassment) you are encouraged to report it so that you can get the support and information you need. All the information provided to JMC Academy will be kept strictly confidential, and any person reporting such incidents will be treated with dignity and respect.Go to Form →
VET Policies + Procedures
The purpose of this policy and procedure is to ensure that JMC Academy RTO has an assessment management system that meets the requirements of the AQF and Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 (Cth) for developing, conducting, moderating and storing assessmentsDownload
The purpose of this policy and procedure is to ensure that JMC Academy RTO’s training and assessment strategies and practices are systematically validated to ensure that they are responsive to industry and learner needs and meet the requirements of all nationally registered accredited training products.Download
The purpose of this document is to demonstrate how JMC complies with Clause 1.16 of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015, in that it ‘ensures that all trainers and assessors undertake professional development in the fields of the knowledge and practice of vocational training, learning and assessment including competency based training and assessment’.Download
The purpose of this policy and procedure is to:
- Ensure that JMC Academy RTO always has sufficient qualified and experienced trainers and assessors for its operations
- Detail processes to ensure that suitability qualified and experienced trainers and assessors are engaged to deliver training and/or assessment for the appropriate JMC Academy RTO training product
- Ensure relevant information and support is provided to commencing and continuing trainers and assessors to assist them in achieving the highest standard of performance
- Provide support, encouragement and opportunities for continuing professional development, including opportunities to maintain industry currency, vocational competency and vocational education and training knowledge and skills, and
- Monitor performance from the perspective of RTO Standards 2015, JMC Academy RTO policies and procedures, and the needs of its students.
The purpose of this policy and procedure details JMC Academy’s systematic approach to supporting students enrolled in any of its training products to achieve their education goals.
This Policy and Procedure document provides guidance to Student Services Staff on the collection, storage and reporting of Unique Student Identifier (USI) data.