Applying is easy! We will guide you through the application and enrolment process.
2) Submit Documents
You must submit the following documents:
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school
- A copy of English test score results, evidencing IELTS 6.0 (with no single band below 5.5) or equivalent (if your English score is not IELTS 6.0 or equivalent we will advise you of your study options);
- Certified copy of your passport;
- Certified copy of current visa, if currently in Australia.
- You can email them to us firstname.lastname@example.org or post to 208 Park Street, South Melbourne, VIC 3205 Australia.
For information on how to certify a document please click here.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Credit may be awarded towards a JMC Academy qualification for, but not limited to: an individual's completed informal learning, prior experience, work-based learning, self-tuition or non-accredited qualification. Limits apply. If you wish to apply for RPL please notify us during the application process. More comprehensive guidelines, including information about required documentation, will be supplied by our admissions team.
3) Interview + Audition/Portfolio
We will contact you to arrange an interview, either in person or through video call.
- Music Performance applicants must book an Audition.
- Songwriting applicants may choose between an audition or a portfolio submission.
- Music Production applicants must submit a portfolio.
- Students who would like to study Animation, Games or Design must submit a portfolio.
- Acting applicants must perform 2 monologues from a standard set by JMC or of your own choosing. Please contact us for more information.
If accepted, JMC Academy will send you a letter of offer and invoice
To accept an offer you must:
- Complete and sign the Enrolment Form
- Complete and sign the Enrolment Agreement
- Complete and sign the Applicant Checklist and Financial Declaration forms
- Pay enrolment fee of AUD $150.00
- Pay first trimester tuition fee
- Organise Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). A quote for health cover will appear on your invoice. You may purchase through JMC Academy or arrange your own.
5) Apply for your visa
JMC Academy will issue an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) so that you can apply for a study visa.