Submission deadline extended!
The Canvas Art Award Competition
Win a Wacom One Creative Pen Display!
JMC is excited to launch the Canvas Award Art Competition for 2023, showcasing the incredible work of young artists and designers who are taking creativity to the next level.
What do I need to do?
If you are a high school student with a knack for drawing, painting or using creative digital mediums, we invite you to creatively interpret the below brief into an illustrated scene:
"What the world will look like in 10,000 years’ time and how humans will evolve to adapt?"
Your submission will have a human character situated within their relevant environment.
You must include a “PINK ICED DOUGHNUT” somewhere in your scenes (sprinkles are optional).
What can I submit?
All artists are unique in their abilities, to reflect that we are opening the competition to various mediums. You can submit:
- Analogue Artwork - using non-digital/traditional materials such as pencils, paints, paper and canvas.
- Digital 2D Artwork - using digital tools such as a tablet or computer.
- 3D Artwork - three dimensional art work such as 3D modelling or animation.
- Comic Strip - is a visual representation of a story and a chronological narrative, which can be hand drawn or on a computer, maximum 6 boxes
- Interactive Novel - great explainer video can be found here
- Storyboard - is more of a guide of your story and can be done traditionally or digitally. You can include descriptions of camera angles.
- Any combination of the above
How long do I have?
Submissions for the 2023 Canvas Art Award close on Wednesday 31st May 2023.
Who can join the competition?
- The Canvas Award competition is open to high school students in all Australian States and Territories
- Work must be completed over the past year (from January 1st 2022)
Canvas Art Award 2022 Winner F. Lim (Sydney)
What not to submit
- Work based on other artists' ideas or images, this is your time to show us YOUR ideas!
- Work generated through AI (Artificial Intelligence) platforms (such as MidJourney)
- Images that are offensive or divisive
- Work completed by a group (this is an individual competition)
Entries close 23:59 Wednesday 31st May 2023
Technical specifications of entries
- All work must be submitted electronically (scan, photograph or export) as a A4 PDF, high quality JPG file, TIFF, MP4 or MOV file
- Maximum PDF page count is five (5) pages
- Please keep file sizes to 20MB max
- Please keep any video file length to sixty (60) seconds max
Reach out to the Creative Outreach team at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Canvas Art Award 2022 Winner M. Vanderkolk (Melbourne)
Canvas Art Award 2022 Winner C. Buse (Brisbane)