Do have a student who is interested in a creative career?
They might know the direction they would like to head in but may not be able to understand what roles or how to apply their interest to this particular field of interest. Perhaps they are simply looking for a little more re-assurance, so they pursue the direction with a little more confidence. We’re a college full of creative students – we get it!
Our Creative Careers & Pathways Advisors team at JMC Academy are available for one-on-one sessions with high-school students, parents and Career Advisors/Practitioners, to discuss pathways into one of our many Diplomas and Degrees in music, entertainment, media and design that can help set them on the right path.
The personalised session can run for up to 30-minutes and generally may include discussion around the following:
- The student’s interests and skillsets
- Suggested subject selection and connection to creative roles
- Pathways into our diploma and degree courses
- Exploration of some of the units taught at a tertiary level and how they are connected to their secondary curriculum and subjects they enjoy today.
- Creative career options that may be suited to them based on the discovery phase above.
- Life at JMC Academy and recommendations for related part-time employment and balancing the demands of both.