JMC’S POSTGRADUATE DEGREES IN CREATIVE INDUSTRIES DELIVER A CRITICAL UNDERSTANDING OF THE CREATIVE INDUSTRIES.
Understand how to connect creative works with audiences, and deep dive into the current state of the creative industries. Explore how you can use innovative ideas to push your creative work to new heights and deliver it to new audiences. Learn about the collaborative nature of the creative industries and how best to bring your team along for the ride.
Interrogate your creative idea and understand why you are the right person to create it. Learn to effectively communicate to key stakeholders about what you are doing and why they should support it. Improve your skills in developing and managing your projects. Think creatively about how your work can be inclusive and sustainable at the same time as pushing your ideas to new levels.
Modular and Integrated Course
The Graduate Diploma of Creative Industries has been designed to be modular with the full Master of Creative Industries postgraduate course to allow for complete flexibility. This self-contained course makes up the first two semesters of the Master of Creative Industries.
Have a Bachelor's Degree from JMC?
JMC students that graduate with a Bachelor's degree have the option to skip the first semester of study (Graduate Certificate) allowing them to complete the full Master of Creative Industries in just 1.5 years (3 semesters) or the Graduate Diploma of Creative Industries in 1 semester.
Modes of learning
Students can study the course in either Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney gaining access to JMC's world-class campus spaces and facilities. Classes are mixed-mode on-campus and online. Rural students are able to study the course remotely via the synchronous online sessions. Students will study with their classmates from the same city alongside classmates from other cities.
Students will be taught by world-renowned academics who also have a vibrant industry creative practice. Classes are supported by a well-resourced online learning system that contains the readings and other information students will need.
Mindful of your work and general life commitments, study hours are accommodating and based outside of traditional work hours. A Graduate Diploma of Creative Industries is award upon the successful completion of the 2 semesters (just the 2nd semester for JMC Academy graduates).
Post-graduate students are selected to study at JMC on the basis of:
- A completed recognised Bachelor degree (or higher) in a * relevant field of study
- Interview with Head of Postgraduate Studies
- Relevant work experience in the creative industries field
Project concept or proposal and portfolio of sample work encouraged.
* A relevant field of study includes: music and sound production, arts management, film + television, music and related studies, entertainment, graphic and design studies, visual arts, interactive + visual design, animation and game design, creative writing, new media, communication and media studies.
If you do not have a relevant Bachelor degree you may still be accepted based on your other qualifications and/ or industry experience. For more information refer to post-graduate admissions Policies + Procedures or contact us.
• International students must also demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.5 (Academic) with no band below 6.0. Check out our Postgraduate English Language Requirements for more information.