Thursday 21st September & Friday 22nd September
9:30am - 3:30pm
High school students in years 10-12
JMC Academy Brisbane
75 Grey Street, South Brisbane
$100 for 2 days including lunch
Throughout this 2-day Mastering Audio Basics workshop, experienced instructors and industry professionals will be there to guide you, share their insights, and answer your questions. This workshop will offer you valuable knowledge and hands-on experience in home recording or live sound, and mixing techniques.
When filling out the form below please indicate if you would like to focus on Live sound or Studio recording and our lecturers will focus the workshop content to the more popular area of choice. Below is an idea of what will be covered in the workshop depending on student preference.
Day 1: Home Recording Or Live Sound (Thursday 21st of September)
- Home Recording techniques
- Introduction to home recording essentials, including microphones, audio interfaces, and software.
- Step-by-step on how to set up your own home recording studio with guidance from experienced instructors.
- Learn effective recording techniques to capture crystal-clear vocals and instrumentals.
- Hands-on practice
Live Sound Techniques
- Explore the art of live sound engineering for concerts, events, and performances.
- Learn how to set up speakers, amplifiers, and mixing boards for an immersive audio experience.
- Practice mixing and troubleshooting common sound issues.
- Live sound simulation: Apply your skills to a mock concert setup.
Day 2: Mixing Techniques & Hands-On Experience (Friday 22nd of September)
- Dive into mixing techniques.
- Balancing instruments and vocals for a polished sound.
- Adding effects and creative touches to enhance your tracks.
- Tips for achieving professional-sounding mixes on a budget.
Short Course requirements and details:
- All participants must be in grades 10-12 in 2023.
- Price of short course includes lunch for each participant.
- JMC Academy reserves the right to cancel any course. In the event of cancellation, participants will receive a minimum of 24 hours’ notice and a full refund will be given.
- Content presented in the courses may slightly vary from the descriptions included above.
- Photos will be taken during the short course. If you would not like your photo taken, please let us know by emailing email@example.com
Skye Day - Creative Outreach Coordinator