JMC’s Master of Creative Industries integrates practical, creative and entrepreneurial units, designed to develop your creative skills to industry expectations and standards.
When you graduate, you will have an innate knowledge of the creative industries sector, and a highly applicable skill set, including but not limited to:
• In-depth knowledge of the creative industries, specifically within your field of specialisation
• The ability to successfully realise value in the creative economy
• The principles of good research and the gathering and analysis of reliable data
• Familiarity with the innovators, innovations and recent developments within and from the creative industries, specifically in your field of specialisation
• The key principles of project design and management, as well as recent developments in business models within the sector
• Technical and communication skills to analyse and evaluate the impact of technological change on the relationship between creativity and society, and, where possible, the ability to implement those changes in the design of your own project
• Cognitive, creative and technical skills to investigate, critically analyse and synthesise trends in consumer tastes and consumption, technical contemporary best practice and your own production project
• The cognitive, technical and creative skills to evaluate at an abstract level what the a final project might look like – based on concept development demos and an extrapolation from those demos
• An understanding of the business management principles required to successfully conduct your business interest within the creative industries, and specifically within your field of specialisation.