2023 JMC Songwriting Competition Terms and Conditions
- All entries must be submitted online no later than Sunday 27th August 11:59pm AEST. JMC Academy reserves the right to extend this date at its discretion.
- You can only enter as an individual high school student or high school duo/group/band.
- All entrants must be high school students and be studying between year 9 to year 12. Homeschooled children between the ages 14 – 18 are eligible to enter.
- The entrant(s) must be the writer of the song submitted and all work must be original.
- Entrants must be residing in Queensland, New South Wales, ACT or Victoria.
- If an entry is submitted by a group, and the group win, the prizes must be shared by all group members.
NUMBER OF ENTRIES
- Up to two entries per person/duo/group/band/class.
- Entries must be the exclusive original work of the entrant(s) and must not infringe any copyrights or any other rights of third parties.
- Song entries must contain both lyrics and lyric sheet.
- Compositions that have been commercially released and/or are available for sale or monetisation through streaming channels are not eligible for entry.
LANGUAGES OTHER THAN ENGLISH
- Where a song has been composed in a language other than English, a full written translation of the song in English must be provided.
- Recordings must be submitted online via the JMC ACADEMY website in MP3/WAV audio format ONLY.
- The entrant should label the audio file with their full name and song title e.g. Justin Bieber_Love Yourself.
- Lyrics sheet must also be included with the entry – these must be either .DOC or .PDF format.
- Production values of the song recording will not be judged.
- Entries will be assessed by a panel of JMC Academy industry professionals.
NOTIFICATION OF RESULTS
- Winners will be posted on the JMC ACADEMY website on completion of the judging process, after winning entrants have been informed via phone and/or email.
- Entrants will be notified within 5 weeks after the closing date of the results.
- The winning submission will receive the opportunity to have their submission professionally recorded, mixed and mastered by JMC staff and their school will receive a High School workshop.
- By entering the competition, the entrant agrees that entry materials may be used by JMC Academy for non-sale promotional purposes. This may include placing samples of the winning entries and reproducing the winning lyrics on the JMC Academy website and social media. The rights and ownership of the songs will remain with the original songwriter(s).
PROTECTION AND DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Information collected will be used in strict adherence to the principles outlined in Australia’s privacy legislation (2001). Your details will be used for ongoing communications from JMC Academy. Entrant details will not be provided to any third party.