JMC’s Master of Creative Industries delivers a critical understanding of the creative industries.
Focused on real-world production standards, JMC's MCI will give you the freedom to explore, create and apply your skills while developing your own concept into commercial reality. It will build your creative network, strengthen your critical thinking and extend your practice.
JMC’s Master of Creative Industries integrates practical, creative and entrepreneurial units, designed to develop your creative skills to industry expectations and standards.
When you graduate, you will have an innate knowledge of the creative industries sector, and a highly applicable skill set, including but not limited to:
- In-depth knowledge of the creative industries, specifically within your field of specialisation
- The ability to successfully realise value in the creative economy
The principles of good research and the gathering and analysis of reliable data
- Familiarity with the innovators, innovations and recent developments within and from the creative industries, specifically in your field of specialisation
- The key principles of project design and management, as well as recent developments in business models within the sector
- Technical and communication skills to analyse and evaluate the impact of technological change on the relationship between creativity and society, and, where possible, the ability to implement those changes in the design of your own project
- Cognitive, creative and technical skills to investigate, critically analyse and synthesise trends in consumer tastes and consumption, technical contemporary best practice and your own production project
- The cognitive, technical and creative skills to evaluate at an abstract level what the a final project might look like – based on concept development demos and extrapolation from those demos
- An understanding of the business management principles required to successfully conduct your business interest within the creative industries, and specifically within your field of specialisation.
Why Study your Masters at JMC?
Mindful of your work and general life commitments, the Masters of Creative Industries is available over 4 semesters. Study hours are accommodating and based outside of traditional work hours. For those who are unable to complete the Masters, a Graduate Diploma is an available exit point after the successful completion of 2 semesters.
International students may complete the program in 2 years. The program must be completed full-time in order to satisfy student visa conditions.
Post-graduate students are selected to study at JMC on the basis of:
- A completed recognised Bachelor degree (or higher) in a * relevant field of study
- Interview with Head of MCI
- Relevant work experience in the creative industries field
Project concept or proposal and portfolio of sample work encouraged.
* A relevant field of study includes: music and sound production, arts management, film + television, music and related studies, entertainment, graphic and design studies, visual arts, interactive + visual design, animation and game design, creative writing, new media, communication and media studies.
If you do not have a relevant Bachelor degree you may still be accepted based on your other qualifications and/ or industry experience. For more information refer to post-graduate admissions Policies + Procedures or contact us at email@example.com.
• International students must also demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.5 (Academic) with no band below 6.0. Check out our Postgraduate English Language Requirements sheet for more information.