Tuesday 19th September & Wednesday 20th September
9:30am - 3:30pm
High school students in years 10 - 12
JMC Academy Brisbane
75 Grey St, South Brisbane
$100 for 2 days including lunch
Day 1 (Tue 19th Sept): Songwriting
On the first day of the workshop, we'll explore the art of songwriting. After introductions and analysing a popular song, we'll delve into the key elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and lyrics through interactive exercises. In a collaborative activity, we'll break into groups to write an original song. This hands-on experience will foster teamwork and creativity. Throughout the workshop, we'll provide guidance and support, emphasising the joy of collaborative song writing.
Day 2 (Wed 20th Sept): Recording Studio
On the second day, we'll transition to the recording studio to bring our songs to life. We'll start with an introduction to the studio, familiarising ourselves with the equipment and recording process. We'll record instruments and vocals and learn basic recording techniques with the assistance of a JMC band where needed. The day will culminate in listening to rough recordings of our songs and each participant will be sent a rough mix of their song after the completion of the workshop.
Short Course requirements and details:
- All participants must be in grades 10-12 in 2023.
- Price of short course includes lunch for each participant.
- JMC Academy reserves the right to cancel any course. In the event of cancellation, participants will receive a minimum of 24 hours’ notice and a full refund will be given.
- Content presented in the courses may slightly vary from the descriptions included above.
- Photos will be taken during the short course. If you would not like your photo taken, please let us know by emailing email@example.com