Tuesday 19th September
Wednesday 20th September
9:30am - 3:30pm
High school students in years 10 - 12
JMC Academy Brisbane
75 Grey St, South Brisbane
$100 for 2 days including lunch
Come along to our 2-day graphic design workshop during the September school holidays. It's going to give you some amazing insights into the world of design thinking and prototyping, both on paper and digitally.
We want to make sure everyone has a great experience, so we're aiming for a group of at least 6 and no more than 12 participants. This way, we can all interact and engage with each other effectively and create a really productive learning environment.
Day 1 (Tuesday 19th Sept):
Design Thinking and Process: We'll dive into the principles and methods behind design thinking, focusing on how important it is to understand the needs of the people we're designing for, defining the problems we want to solve, brainstorming ideas, and creating prototypes. We'll have fun exercises and real-life examples to help us grasp these concepts better.
Day 2 (Wednesday 2oth Sept):
Analog and Digital Prototyping: Building on what we learned on Day 1, we'll get hands-on with prototyping. You'll discover techniques for creating physical prototypes using traditional tools and materials, and we'll also explore digital prototyping using the same software the pros use. We'll encourage you to experiment, be creative, and let your innovation shine!
Short Course requirements and details:
- All participants must be in grades 10-12 in 2023.
- Price of short course includes lunch for each participant.
- JMC Academy reserves the right to cancel any course. In the event of cancellation, participants will receive a minimum of 24 hours’ notice and a full refund will be given.
- Content presented in the courses may slightly vary from the descriptions included above.
- Photos will be taken during the short course. If you would not like your photo taken, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org