JMC Laneway Artist Competition Terms and Conditions
- One place is available for [an] enrolled JMC Academy student(s) or alumni* to be included in the Line-up and perform at Laneway Festival 2023 in Sydney.
- Artist(s) must be [an] enrolled Music (Songwriting, Performance, Music Prod) student(s) at JMC as at 27th of November or *have graduated (Diploma or Bachelor) within 5 years of this date (Alumni).
Note: This may include Music students enrolled in the February 2023 intake at JMC.
- Both solo artists and bands are encouraged to apply.
- Bands where 50% or more of members are JMC students or alumni will be looked upon favourably as part of the application process.
- To qualify, applicants must submit the following by midnight AEDT time on the 27th of November 2022.
a. 2 audio tracks
b. A performance video or clip
c. A short statement explaining who you/ your band are and why you think you should receive this opportunity to play at Laneway Festival.
- All music submitted must be original and owned by the performing artist.
- Artists and/or acts will be assessed according to the following criteria:
a. Originality of Act and Material
b. Strength of Songwriting and Arranging across all submitted material
c. Stagecraft, performance, and musicianship
d. Representation of JMC Values and Professionalism
- A selection of 3 artists will be put forward to the Laneway Festival judging panel who will select the final winner(s).
- The winner(s) will be announced on the 16th of December at midday.
- The winner(s) must be available for promotional purposes to JMC from the 16th to the 20th of December.
- Artists will perform at Laneway Festival in Sydney and thereby be available on 5th February 2023.
- Flights and accommodation costs (if any) will be provided by JMC Academy
- Artist will be billed as an artist on the Laneway line up (1 city only) including promotion on the city page of the Laneway website.
- Artist will receive access to standard festival backline and production at the Laneway Festival they’re performing at.
- Artist will receive access to a festival green room, and standard festival hospitality rider at the Laneway Festival they’re performing at.
Terms and Conditions
- The winner(s) must engage in JMC promotional and performance opportunities at JMC including but not limited to open days, ‘Cassette Award’ performances and judging, and general promotional media opportunities for 12 months.
- The winner(s) must credit/tag JMC in all social posts pertaining to the win and sharing of related content.
- The winner(s) must agree in writing to Laneway Festival’s standard Artist Contract terms - provided once the prize winner is selected.
- The winner(s) will be subject to the T’s and C’s also provided by Laneway Festival in the course of being a Laneway Artist at the Festival.
- JMC reserves the right to reproduce performance footage and audio for internal and external promotional use. If JMC wish to film the artist, then reproduce performance footage and audio for internal and external promotional use, no Laneway or sponsor branding can be included in the captured content.