To apply for a Diploma or Bachelor Degree at JMC you need to meet the following criteria. If you are unable to meet all of these requirements there may be an alternative pathway for you outlined below.
To apply for a Master of Creative Industries, please see entry requirements here.
For admission into an undergraduate course at JMC Academy, applicants must:
- be a minimum 17 years of age
- have completed an application form
- complete an Interview with a student admissions advisor
Depending on your course:
- complete an audition (Music Performance + Songwriting students only)
- submit a Creative Portfolio (for Animation, Game Design + Visual Communication applicants only)
Additional Requirements for direct entry to Undergraduate Programs:
All domestic applicants seeking placement in JMC Academy undergraduate programs must have a proficiency in English and have satisfactorily completed:
- Year 12 in the Australian school system
- Equivalent with a Senior Secondary Certificate pass in General English
- A similar qualification:
- Certificate IV (or above) – for Bachelor program applicants
- Certificate III (or above) – for Diploma applicants
- OR be over 21 years of age
Alternative entry pathway into Undergraduate Programs
Alternate entry is available to applicants who have not completed the requirements outlined above.
Applicants for alternate entry must either:
- demonstrate high likelihood of successful completion of studies with evidence provided in writing and demonstrated at interview. Individual conduct at interview must show strong evidence of aptitude with supporting evidence of prior vocational studies and/or relevant creative and/or workplace experience, which will be used to ascertain suitability for entry to a Diploma course.
- have obtained a Certificate III at JMC Academy.
On successful application for alternate entry, students will be allocated to the Diploma course which forms the first two trimesters of the degree program. Upon completion of the required 48 credit points of study for the award of the Diploma, students may subsequently articulate into the relevant Bachelor Degree.Apply Online Now
Vocational (CUA31015 Certificate III in Screen and Media) - Enabling Course
This course has been designed as an enabling course to a Diploma level for applicants who have not studied at Australian Year 12 level and are less than 21 years old.
Domestic Vocational students are selected to study at JMC Academy on the basis of:
- Completion of Year 10 or equivalent
- Must be at least 17 years of age at course commencement
- Demonstrated creative aptitude (portfolio)
International students are required to be proficient in English (and send proof thereof) in accordance with DoHA requirements. International students should contact International Services for entry requirements.