Auditions are required by applicants seeking entry into Contemporary Music and Performance. The requirements for the audition process include:
- The audition requires all applicants to prepare a programme consisting of two contrasting pieces of music. The two pieces should not exceed ten minutes.
- Applicants may audition on two instruments. Once they enrol into the course, they will be required to choose one principal instrument of study.
- Applicants are auditioned by the JMC Academy’s Head of Contemporary Music and Performance Department. The audition will include a brief interview.
- Applicants may provide their own accompanist, or with advanced notice, may arrange to have one provided by the JMC Academy.
- All applicants are encouraged to prepare a detailed portfolio including academic achievements in music, references and a detailed chronology of past music performances if applicable.
- Students must contact the Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane campus to arrange an audition time.