Each year JMC Academy holds an exciting film event; The Martini Film Awards.
This event screens the best of JMC Academy's student and recent alumni work and includes a category known as the Mocktail Awards. This is where High School students, are also invited to submit their best short fiction, short documentary, short animation, television commercial or music video clip, to be reviewed by industry professionals. Shortlisted films will be shown on the night and the winner will be announced at the prestigious Martini Film Awards to be held in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
We invite your students to submit their short films and go into the running to win awesome prizes for them and your school!
2019 Mocktail Film Awards - JMC Academy from JMC Academy on Vimeo.
- The final submitted version is to be ideally UPLOADED TO VIMEO.
Note: Vimeo allows for high quality files to be uploaded then downloaded on our end, so if your film gets nominated, it will look good on the big screen!
- When exporting your video from your editing program, make sure it is HIGH RES 1920 x 1080 and it is at 25 fps (frames per second).
- The Mocktail Award is open to all New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland based high school students who have completed a short film.
- Films submitted can be up to 10 minutes in length.
- Genre includes short fiction, short documentary, short animation, television commercial or music video.
- The judges are looking for: originality, emotional impact, performance, direction and low budget initiative.
Selected Mocktail films will be regarded as nominees for our Mocktail award, to be announced and presented at JMC Academy’s - The Martini Film Awards.
We will notify successful entrants who have been selected as nominees, including screening details and provision of film formats. All nominees will receive complimentary tickets to this event.
Mocktails Terms and Conditions
This competition is run in New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland by JMC Academy.
This competition is open to all students studying in New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland. To enter this competition, entrants must complete a short film under 10 minutes and online submission form. Entry to this competition is free of charge.
A winning film will be selected from each state (New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland).
For more information about The Mocktail Award or The Martini Awards, please contact us on email@example.com or phone Sydney (02) 8241 8899, Melbourne (03) 9624 2929, Brisbane (07) 3360 4500