One of the most frustrating, yet common things we hear here at JMC is ‘Nobody checks their JMC student email’. Hands up if that’s you. That’s what I thought.
BUT, It’s SO important you read your emails from JMC because they are important for a few reasons;
- You can get great work experience opportunities straight to your inbox from lecturers and marketing which will really improve your chances of getting a job. Just read why here.
- Your email is the best way to keep track of any changes to your schedule or coursework and reminders of deadlines.
- Fun things may be happening on or around campus that you don’t want to miss!
Instead of having to go back and forth between email accounts, here is how you forward your emails from your JMC account to your personal account.
- Click Mail in the Navigation Pane.
- On the Tools menu, click Rules and Alerts.
- If you have more than one e-mail account in your Outlook e-mail profile, then in the Apply changes to this folder list, click the Inbox to which you want the new rule to apply.
- Click New Rule.
- Under Start from a blank rule, click Check messages when they arrive, and then click Next.
- Under Step 1: Select condition(s), select the check box next to each condition that you want the incoming message to match.
- Under Step 2: Edit the rule description, click the underlined value that corresponds to the condition, and then select or type the necessary information for the condition.
Example: Forward every message you receive from JMC
- Under Step 1: Select condition(s), select the from people or distribution list check box.
- Under Step 2: Edit the rule description, click people or distribution list.
- In one of the address lists, double-click JMC, and then click OK
9. Under Step 1: Select action(s), select the forward it to people or distribution list check box.
10. Under Step 2: Edit the rule description, click people or distribution list.
11. In one of the address lists, double-click the name or distribution list to which you want to forward the messages, and then click OK.
12. Click Next twice.
13. Under Step 1: Specify a name for this rule, type a name.To run this rule on the messages that are already in your folders, select the Run this rule now on messages already in "folder" check box.
To apply this rule to all your e-mail accounts and inboxes, select the Create this rule on all accounts check box. This option is grayed out if you do not have more than one e-mail account or Inbox.
14. Click Finish.
- Open the Gmail account that you want to forward from.
- At the top right, click the gear
- Select Settings
- Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab
- Click Add a forwarding address in the “Forwarding” section.
- Enter the email address you want to forward to
- For your security, we'll send a verification email to that address. Open your other email account and find the confirmation message from the Gmail team. If you’re having trouble finding it, check your Spam folder
- Click the verification link in that email
- Back in your Gmail account, reload the page in your web browser - look for the reload icon
- On the same Forwarding and POP/IMAP page in Settings, check that Forward a copy of incoming mail is selected and your email address is in the drop-down menu
- In the second drop-down menu, choose what you want Gmail to do with your messages after they’re forwarded, such as keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox (recommended) or archive Gmail’s copy
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page
If you have another email server that is not covered here, it’s simple; Google how to do it!
To enquire about studying at JMC, click here.