Do you know a talented young filmmaker?
Mocktail Submissions are now open!
We invite high school students to submit their short film and go into the running to win awesome prizes!
Each year JMC Academy holds an exciting film and animation event; The Martini Film Awards. This event screens the best of JMC Academy's student and recent alumni work and includes a category known as the Mocktail Award. This is where High School students are also invited to submit their best short fiction, short documentary, short animation, television commercial or music video clip, to be reviewed by industry professionals. Shortlisted films will be shown and the winner will be announced at the prestigious Martini Film Awards to be held in Melbourne and Brisbane.
Scroll down to see the winners from 2022
Win 1 of 3 prize packages consisting of:
- A DJI Osmo Pocket 2 Gimbal Combo Kit + waterproof case
- x2 BIGSOFTI ONE Ultralightweight Portable LED
- Headphones for audio monitoring
- 1 year subscription to Stan, Netflix, BINGE or Disney Plus
What can I submit?
Genre includes short fiction, short documentary, short animation, television commercial or music video.
The judges are looking for: originality, emotional impact, performance, direction and low budget initiative.
How long do I have?
Submissions for the 2023 Mocktail Film Award close on Sunday 14th May 2023 at 11:59pm
Who can join the competition?
- The 2023 Mocktail Film Awards is open to all New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland based high school students who have completed a short film.
Entries close 23:59 AEDT - 14th May 2023
Technical specifications of entries
- The final submitted version is to be ideally UPLOADED TO VIMEO.
Note: Vimeo allows for high quality files to be uploaded then downloaded on our end, so if your film gets nominated, it will look great on the big screen!
- When exporting your video from your editing program, make sure it is HIGH RES 1920 x 1080 and it is at 25 fps (frames per second).
- Films submitted can be up to 8 minutes in length.
Watch the Winning Films From 2022
Reach out to the Creative Outreach team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.