We encourage students just like you to join our Open Day, students who are searching for information about the creative industries and insight into whether studying at JMC Academy is right for you.
Open days give you the chance to soak up the culture, meet our lecturers and speak to current students about their experiences. It provides a great opportunity for you to come and see the courses and activities that JMC offer.
JMC Academy holds three Opens Days throughout the year, where we invite students to come campus to experience our school and what we have to offer. If you’re coming to our Sydney Open day we will have a Slushie machine to keep you cool this summer!
Here’s what you need to remember when making the most of your day with us:
Come prepared to maximise your time – Get to know the agenda before the day
Make well informed decisions for your future.
- Once you have registered, you will receive your electronic Open Day program one week before the day. Print out this program and map as it will come in handy for your preparation.
- Get familiar with the schedule and plan which course talks or demonstrations you want to sit in on and plan your day.
- Bring your family or friends along with you! It always helps to have support on big open days.
Here are some suggestions of what questions you could ask to get the most out of the day about the course, modules and methods of assessment and what is the balance of theory and practical.
Talk to the right people
- How will this course make help me get a career? What careers will this lead to?
- Why should I choose to study at JMC Academy?
- What have previous students gone on to do after graduating?
- Is this course 2 or 3 years long?
- Do you have career guidance?
- What grades do I need to get in?
- How do I apply?
- Do I have to attend an interview or audition? Can I book one on the day?
- Ask about accommodation
On the day, we will have all hands on deck to ensure all your questions with be answered. This includes all Heads of Department, lecturers, Student Recruitment and Admissions, and student volunteers.
See, do, listen and play workshops run all day – You can join interactive activities such as a songwriting workshop, or a Motion Capture Demo or a student live performances. We even have a special information session for parents to address any questions they might have.
Meanwhile you can undertake a focused overview on your course of interest and visit our information booths.
Explore the campus facilities
Join a campus tour where we’ll take you to explore our facilities. Make sure you visit our library, student support services, student lounge and rooftop chill out area.
You'll also be able to view student work, view a live interactive AR app, listen to bands, view student films and even see live audio and film production in action.
Unleash your creativity in 2016. Make it JMC Academy. Create your own agenda on the day and get a feel for the campus and what life would be like studying with one of the leading creative colleges in Australia!
We look forward to seeing you on the day.
To Register for an open day, Click here...
Want to read more about our courses? Click here...
Other articles you might be interested in