Documents submitted for student applications to JMC Academy must be either original or certified copies.
What is a certified copy?
A document is a certified copy when the original and the copy have both been seen by an approved certifying official, and the official has deemed it to be a true copy.
Who can certify a document?
- JMC Academy staff member
- The Admissions Office or Student Administration of any Australian university or college
- Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre, Universities Admissions Centre (NSW and ACT), or Victoria Tertiary Admissions Centre
- Police officer
- Bank manager or credit union branch manager
- Solicitor, barrister or patent attorney
- Postal manager
- Principal of an Australian secondary college, high school or primary school
- Accountant - must be a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, or the Australian Association of Taxation and Management Accountants or be a Registered Tax Agent
- Commissioner for declarations
- The official records department of the institution that originally issued the documents
- Approved education agents of JMC Academy (please contact international @ jmc.edu.au for a list of approved agents in your country)
- Australian embassy or consulate
- Instructions for certification
The authorised person must:
- Sight the original document and write on the copy “This is a true copy of the original documents sighted by me”
- Sign and print their name
- Provide an address and contact telephone number
- State their profession or occupation group
- Write the date certified
- Stamp the copy with the official stamp or seal of their organisation (if they have one).
- JMC Academy reserves the right to refuse documentation on the grounds of incorrect certification. Falsifying documents is a very serious offence which may result in your application for admission being refused by JMC Academy.