Ready to apply? You must show the following:
- Proof of English proficiency: minimum IELTS 6.0 overall (with no single band score below 5.5) or equivalent. For more information click here.
- Evidence of successful completion of a senior Secondary School certificate (transcripts and certificate must be translated and certified). For further information please see our 'Entry Requirements by Country' document.
- Attend an interview in person or over skype.
- You must be at least 17 years of age on commencement of studies. Applicants under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian in Australia. In some cases JMC Academy can assist in making suitable welfare arrangements.
- Contemporary Music applicants must undertake an audition. Audition videos/online links are accepted for applicants living overseas or interstate.
- Songwriting applicants may undertake an audition OR submit a folio. The folio can consist of song lyrics, charts, recorded original songs or other relevant items as discussed with the admissions officer.
- Animation, Games and Digital Design applicants are required to prepare a portfolio of sample work/drawings.
Applications will be accepted until 2 weeks before the course commences, but please note that visa applications can take considerably longer than two weeks to process. Please contact the Australian Embassy in your home country for recommended timeframes for processing your visa application.
Requirements for Alternative Admission
For applicants who have not completed senior high school, entry to a Diploma, upon successful completion of which articulation into a Bachelor Degree program is guaranteed, is based on:
- Evidence of minimum completion of Year 10, or equivalent, with an appropriate VET qualification and/or relevant industry work experience.
- Written application (with compulsory 200 word statement to assess functional literacy).
- An interview to identiy potential difficulties that may impact on learning.
- Demonstrated commitment with satisfactory communication skills sufficient to indicate reasonable likelihood of successful completion of Diploma studies.
- A portfolio of work or performance audition (if applicable).
- Demonstrated (above average) creative aptitude or expertise pertinent to field of interest.
- Applicants must also satisfy all other entry requirements for admission.