Ram Castillo of giantthinkers.com
and author of "How to Get a Job as a Designer, Guarenteed" spoke at JMC Academy Sydney on the broad topic of:
'How to get your work out there: action steps for emerging creatives'
Ram Castillo gave a 30-40 minute keynote presentation followed by a 20-30 minute Q&A impromptu open-forum from the audience with Ram. Then, a select group of students spent a 1 hour workshop with Ram as he provided insights and advice on the students' projects.
How do you sell yourself? Set yourself a part? and create a lasting impact? Marketing yourself as a creative service can be a huge challenge. It's difficult to know know what to say, who to say it to, or, worse yet, where to start. A clear action plan is crucial to overcoming the barriers that often arise when aiming to gain exposure and when hunting for work.
• The importance of creating a personal identity and a clear brand
• How to network and market yourself online and offline
• What to say when writing and talking to an employer
• How to accelerate your professional relationships
• The opportunity to have your questions answered on the spot (Q&A)