VET COURSE AT JMC ACADEMY
JMC Academy offers one VET course, the Certificate III in Media
. The course is specifically designed to act as a pathway for those who wish to transition into our Higher Education Diplomas.
About this course:
The Certificate III in Media (CRICOS 090069M | CUF30107) introduces students to the Creative Industries. Students engage in industry projects from conception through to production, helping them develop foundational skills while exploring a range of industry topics. These include:
- 2D and 3D Animation Techniques
- Film Recording and Post Production
- Image Editing
- Production Support
- Audio and Sound
All course areas enable students to work individually and collaboratively towards the completion of a media production project. This may involve concept development, content writing, creating backing tracks and titles, marketing materials, filming and editing. Students also develop creative and critical thinking, as well as problem solving and business skills through discussions, projects, quizzes and portfolio development. Students use professional equipment and resources for all projects.
Entry requirements for Domestic Students:
- Minimum 16 years of age at course commencement
- Demonstration of creative aptitude
Entry requirements for International Students:
- Completion of Year 11 or equivalent
- Must be at least 17 years old at course commencement
- Demonstrated creative aptitude
- For International Students - English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0 (with no band below 5.5)
Pathway to JMC Academy Diploma/Bachelor Degree for International Students
The Certificate III in Media may only be taken by international students as part of a pathway to a JMC Academy Diploma or Bachelor Degree program. In some cases a normal university foundation program may still be required for admission. The International Admissions team will advise the most suitable pathway for each student.
For any enquiries about VET and Pathways, please contact the international team on firstname.lastname@example.org
VET courses are designed to reflect roles and tasks in current industry contexts. The course is practical and project based, comprising both individual and group work, and using professional industry equipment and resources. Each course involves a range of assessment tasks including projects and portfolio development.
We use the JMC Academy Moodle platform for activities such as quizzes, resource sharing and discussion. Our VET course is also designed to develop and extend your critical and creative thinking skills, while you develop employability skills and an understanding of the world of work.
All students at JMC Academy have access to academic support and counselling staff, as well as student support information on Moodle. In particular, individuals in our VET courses are supported during their transition to higher education via our orientation program and specialist study support. All support services are free of charge for all JMC students.
All students studying nationally recognised training in Australia from 1 January 2016, will be required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). A USI is an account (or reference number) made up of numbers and letters. The USI allows students online access to their training records and results (transcript) through their online USI account.
- A USI is required for new and continuing students undertaking nationally recognised Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses to receive their statement of attainment or qualification.
- The USI will be available online and at no cost to students.
- This USI will stay with students for life and be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course that is undertaken from the 1 January 2016.
- Students can access their USI accounts online from computers, tablets or their smart phones anytime.
- The process is the same for all students to obtain a USI or for the training organisation to create a USI on behalf of students, with the student’s permission.
- Students must have a valid USI before they can be issued with a qualification or statement of attainment. This applies to:
- New students
- Pre-enrolled students
- Continuing students
- School students completing nationally recognised training
The following can assist with State or Territory specific queries about the USI system:
VIC - www.education.vic.gov.au/victorianskillsgateway
QLD - email@example.com